Sun Memory

On Sat, 07 Aug 1999, Anthony J. Gabrielson wrote:
> Hello,
> 	Aby body know where I can get memory for a sparc?  I have an Axil
> 245.  It says its a sparc 5 clone, 100% compatible - I assume down to a
> hardware level.  The machine currently only has 32 megs of ram - cde won't
> do 32 megs of ram.

I have to say I'm very surprised - how could it know?  Are you sure the swap
file
is big enough?  You can use the 'swapon' command to temporary increase the size
of your swap file.

> So any body know where I can pickup two 16's or two
> 32's.

There are any number of Sun VAR's in the area - we use

	Electronic Business Solutions, Billerica 978 663 2500
	Workstation Technologies, Salem, NH 800 882 0007

> > I have two old slc's - any one know if its memory is compatible
> > with a sparc 5?
> --
The memory is not compatible - Sparc 5's use DIMMs, SLC's use SIMMs.  The
modules
don't even fit in the other's sockets.