Linux Demo Days

[please pardon the heavy-handed cross-posting]

Hi Folks -

   Linux Demo Days are coming!  September 12 - 19 to be exact.  This
is an opportunity for us to take Linux out into public and to allow
the public to kick the tires.  Where in public?  You name it.  I'm
partial to shopping malls and bookstores, myself.  Given the recent
quantum leaps in usability made by the GNOME and KDE people and the
incredible efforts of the applications development community I think
we really have something to crow about.  Check out the web site
at www.linuxdemo.org to find out a little more background info.

   What are we going to do?  I don't know.  I do know that I have
approval from my keepers at VA Linux Systems to take some hardware out
on the road in support of LUG efforts to take this event to the
people.  We (the other VA field techs and I) also have a verbal commit
from corporate that some of the 300 workstation-class machines being
used at Linux World will be available for "throw your biz-card in the
bin" style raffles at these events.

   What am *I* going to do?  I'm available as a coordinator.  I'm
keeping my schedule open that week to schlep the gear to whichever
site you decide you plan to demo at.  I plan to approach Softpro books
about setting up relatively technical demos at their stores in
Burlington and Marlboro.  If there's anything else I can do to help
you pull off a demo in your area, drop me a line.  I'm being paid to
make this work.

Talk to you soon,
ccb

---
Charles C. Bennett, Jr.				VA Linux Systems
Systems Engineer,				1382 Bordeaux Dr.
US Northeast Region				Sunnyvale, CA 94089
+1 617 543-6513					+1 888-LINUX-4U
ccb at valinux.com					www.valinux.com

-