New jobs page ready for trial

Chuck Young wrote:

> How can I post available positions on this section?

John and I are debating the "best" method. For now, send them to me.

(You can hit "delete" now if you don't intend to send an ad or flea
market item,
but please store this FFR if you might :-))

Herewith:

Please PLEASE mark the ad as "BLU Help Wanted" or "BLU Agency" or
"BLU Resume" or "BLU Flea Market" in the SUBJECT line.

"AGENCY" is for any ad placed by ANYONE other than the company that will
write the paycheck.

"Help Wanted" is ONLY for companies doing hiring for themselves.  I'll
file
contract shops under "agencies":  headhunters too, of course.

"Resume" is for positions wanted.

"Flea Market" is, well, obvious.  Most of this if for job postings, but
you get the idea.

The only guidelines are to use common sense:  keep it short, provide a
phone number and/or snail contact address, say where the job/item is
located,
and if you'll consider telecommuters and/or part time workers (or trades
for
flea items).

You're welcome to provide a URL and/or mailto: tags in your ad, but
please
leave any other HTML out.  If you DO provide them, them please provide
HREF
tags, (since browsers treat HTML pages and mail messages differently as
embedded tags you may see these diffently when looking at this note) ,
e.g.,

<XMP>

Please email me at <A
HREF="mailto:bhorne at banet.net">bhorne at banet.net</A>

or

Please see our website at <A HREF="http://lynx.dac.neu.edu/b/bhorne";>
http://lynx.dac.neu.edu/b/bhorne</A>.

</XMP>

I'll mark ads for deletion after one month unless you ask for more (this
is flexible, but have a heart and tell me when to delete it, OK?).

> We need at least one Senior UNIX system administrator and have openings
> for some junior positions as well.
>
> (Interested readers should not reply to the list, but to me personally)

I'll wait to get your contact info before adding this to the page.

> P.S. The section is clear and looks good Bill.  Thanks!

Thanks!  I did GML (IBM "Script") markup years ago, and found HTML very
similar.

HTH.

Bill
-