networked laptop

John Abreau wrote:

> Yes, this is feasible; I do something similar with my laptop.
>
> For the Ethernet, I have configurations for my home network, several
> subnets at MIT, and my network at work. I've been doing this for several
> years under Redhat by hand, by making a separate ifcfg-eth0 file for each
> location, and making the "real" file a symlink to the appropriate one
> (ifcfg-eth0 is in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts). I use DHCP on the
> network at work and static addresses for home and MIT.
<snip>

John,

This is exactly the information I was looking for. I have 4 home
computers, one phone line, one PC modem, multiple ISP connections and
don't want to pay for another phone line. I was sure that linux would be
capable of this network support since I've been able to manage a simpler
PPP variation on my Macintosh with FreePPP. The ifcfg-eth0, xplink
information is very useful, and I'll investigate linuxconfig as well.

Thanks for the reply,

- Leslie Everett