followup from nite with SAMBA

TWDM wrote in a message to Mike Bilow:

 T> Nite was fun, I will be back....but (yes I am new...and
 T> struggling) Have ASUS SP98-N board with Intel 82558 LAN Chipset

That series of Asus motherboards can have real problems with driver support
under Linux.  It is better than the SP97-V, however, with the on-board video.
You should be able to configure the Intel 8255x chipset using the "Intel
EtherExpress Pro 10/100" driver under Linux.

 T> Running Redhat 5.2 updated to Mandrake 5.3(cheapbytes)

I am not a Red Hat expert, so I can't help you there.  Knowing your kernel
version would be a big help, since the 2.2 kernels have much better support
than the 2.0 kernels for such things as the EtherExpress Pro.

 T> Can not configure the net work connection, listed in bios
 T> start-up IRQ 10 I/O 0xb800

That looks reasonable.  Make sure the IRQ is either not shared (2.0 kernels) or
managed under IO-APIC (2.2 kernels).  Check using "cat /proc/interrupts".

-- Mike

-