Uses for a couple boxes full of Compaq 2.1gig Fast-Wide SCSI2?

> I thought the DEC RZ28 was a 200MB (maybe a 500MB) SCSI disk of the
> full height variety.  I ran a DEC 5000/300 server running Ultrix
> in the early 90's which I thought had a RZ28 for it's boot/root device.

Maybe one of the earlier series -- RC, RD -- though an early-'90s vintage
server should have had something newer.  Not sure what the 200Mb device
was back then.  The first RZ28 was a successor to the 1Gb RZ26; each
of these was a full-height 3.5" drive (full height is 1.6").  They
came out with a low-profile 1"-high version of each in '93-'94.  The
last of the line, before it got folded into Quantum (Fireball series,
I think), was the 4Gb RZ29.

My favorite 200Mb device, of course, was the RP06.  A few folks here
can probably remember that one... ;-)

> Ok, aside from a BLU meeting on mid-life crisis management, maybe
> a Y2K lesson would be in order this year...

I'll go to the what-to-do-with-career-next meeting.  I'll wait until
2001 to talk about Y2K...after all the media saturation.  The talking
heads would have us believe the cockroaches will inherit the earth in
just 255 more days...

-rich
-