How to make money with linux...

	Jim Michael wrote:

	> On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, John Chambers wrote:
	>
	> > One of the entries is "mobilelinux.com".  I've been wondering:  If  I
	> > were  interested  in  having  a  mobile  linux  machine, what sort of
	> > options would I have?  Suppose I wanted  to  put  together  a  laptop
	> > (handheld?)  with  a radio modem, what sort of hardware is available?
	> > In how much of  the  world  could  the  modem  actually  successfully
	> > connect the machine to the Internet?
	>
	> Try a web search on 'wearable computers linux'. HTH.
	Here is a link to the MIT Wearables web site. BLU has had a meeting at the
	Medialab.
	http://wearables.www.media.mit.edu/projects/wearables/

Yeah; it's an interesting development, which I've sorta  followed  to
see  where they're going.  But it doesn't seem to be quite what I was
thinking of.  What I've been looking around for  is  not  so  much  a
wearable  system, but rather one that will work on a music stand.  We
have a lot of the software (and music  archives)  in  place  to  make
printed  sheet  music  obsolete.   But  there  doesn't seem to be any
hardware available that's usable enough in on-stage conditions. Being
able to download music on the fly and pop it up on a screen isn't too
useful if the screen will only hold 4 bars  of  music,  or  is  in  a
format that's only readable if you flop your head over sideways.

-