Disk partitioning and swap

The other thing to consider is upgrading.  Personally, I always do a fresh
install and have been using Red Hat.  I am fortunate to keep all my
important files elsewhere, but many new users will not.

What are experiences doing Red Hat upgrades as it regards partitioning
schemes?  What about other distributions?

Chuck Young
GTE Internetworking