(fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Viet Pham" <n9741805 at cc.wwu.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 11:04:25 -0800

Hi There;
My name is Viet, and I am not a member of BLU.  I don't know that you guys
are willing to answer any question from non-member person or not? If you
don't please disregard this message.  Else here is my question:
I just bought Red Hat Linus, and I've been trying to connect to the server
(UNIX) at my school.  However; I have not gotten any successful try yet.  I
am now almost hopeless.  Here are the things that I have gone through.  I
logged on the system as root, and used linuxconf to set up network
configuration. I put in the phone number, login name, and password, and I
also put the DNS's one the file called resolv.conf.  I then used usernet to
connect.  I could hear the sound of my modem, but after about 30 second not
thing happen.  As I just described above is there (or are there) anything
else I need to do in order for this little guy with a red hat to work?

-