Linux is topic on The Connection today 10am WBUR 90.9FM

In Feb., I screwed up a backup, and 'rm'ed a couple of big files
that I really needed.  I was able to get 1 and a half of them back
using fsdebug.  After I had done that, I read some advice to
make a hard link to stuff you know you don't want to delete, so that
if you do mess up, you can still get accidentally 'rm'ed files
from the hard link.

Besides, you could program KDE or something similar to give users
a trashcan.

What I'm trying to say is that his 'primary difference' is only
superficial.  The REAL differences:

Video drivers not welded into the kernel in Unix
widget sets not welded into the kernel in Unix
in general, small, specialized, & modular (Unix) as opposed to
integrated, monolithic, all-purpose (Win)

At least, that's my first stab at thinking about it -

I wish they had gotten Hiawatha Bray instead.