Linux is topic on The Connection today 10am WBUR 90.9FM

> :: He also explained how one of the primary differences between
> :: Windows and Linux was that "rm is forever" whereas Windoze
> :: just moves files to a TrashBin where it can be reclaimed if
> :: you want to...
> ::
>
> huh. I thought that was one of the more insightful parts of the
> conversation. This is obviously a heck of a lot older than linux
> though. The adage that 'unix gives you enough rope to hang yourself,

The funny thing is that if you do a delete from the command line in
Windows, it doesn't in fact go to the trashcan and for the most part is
gone! Again, unless you use some third party software, like Nortons.

| Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarnold at buddydog.org)    |
| Engineering Manager       Roger Wagner Publishing |
| http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jdarnold            |