PPP Modem

I am going to assume that you are able to use the network by IP address,
but not by name and ask you to check your /etc/resolv.conf file or, better
yet, use the root configuration GUI to add the correct nameservers to the
file that way.  You should have at least two nameservers, which should be
provided (by IP address) by your ISP.  I do not think PPP gives
nameservers with dynamic IP addressing for linux - maybe I'm wrong.

Anyone?

HTH,

Chuck Young
GTE Internetworking

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Huy Le wrote:

> Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 09:33:37 -0500
> From: Huy Le <huymle at gis.net>
> To: discuss at BLU.ORG
> Subject: RE: PPP Modem
>
> After messing around with the jumpers on the internal modem, I can connect
> to my IP server before I start X-Window.  However, once I started X-Window
> and Netscape Communicator I can't connect to any web sites even though the
> connection to my IP server is still active.  Any help would greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Huy
> ***

***