sudo passwords

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999 pfarrar at learningco.com wrote:

>      So I set up sudo to let users run simple commands like mount /dev/fd0
>      /floppy, but it promps for a password... the root password.  This
>      seems to defeat some of the functionality.  I'd like whoever to be
>      able to mount a CDROM with out giving out the root password.

sudo is supposed to prompt for the user's password, not the root password.
If the password it wants is really the root password, then you've got a
broken sudo binary, and should recompile it from the source. You can find
the source at ftp://ftp.courtesan.com/pub/sudo/

To enable users to access sudo without a password, you can add the keyword
"NOPASSWD" to their entry in the sudoers file.

Email: jabr at blu.org / URL: http://www.blu.org
ICQ#28611923