Looking for something

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, James McVeigh wrote:

> Hello all, I was just wondering if anyone knows of a good site to get
> anything for my linux machine that would have to do w/ it either reading
> .aiff or .wav files or even encoding and decoding devices for both .wav
> and .mp3 files.  It would greatly appreciated, I have tried
> http://rpmfind.net but with no luck.  So if anyone knows of a good site,
> I would love to know about it.  Thank
> Sincerely,
> James <any1 at bu.edu>

http://www-ti.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/~hippm/mpg123.html
mpg123 is a command-line player. All the GUI players I've seen are
front-ends to mpg123.

http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/cbagwell/projects.html
sox is the "swiss army knife" of sound tools. Older versions didn't work
right with 16-bit .wav files, but the most recent ones should.

If you do a search on freshmeat.net for mpg123, you'll get a list of
players that use mpg123. Poke around a few of these, and you should find
references to other sound tools.

Email: jabr at blu.org / URL: http://www.blu.org
ICQ#28611923
    Your mouse has moved. Windows NT must be restarted for the change
    to take effect. Reboot now?  [ OK ]