BLU discuss - List config changes

> + Reply_to removed: When I first set up these lists four years ago, I set
> the reply_to option so replies get sent to the list, which seemed like the

This is of course, a "you'll never win this" problem. I run a few mailing lists
and there just isn't a right way, despite the very reasoned reply in the
link you posted. And you'll see why as I've done a Reply to all here - you're
going to get two of these messages, one direct from me (where Reply and Reply
to all will do the same thing) and one via the mailing list, where Reply goes
just to me and Reply to all goes to me *and* the mailing list. So you have
to parse the message header to see which one you should do, think about which
response you want to do, and then remember to actually do it.

Of course, Mr. Rosenthal's arguments are all very good. But if 90% of the
replies get posted to the group, then everyone is going to start to get
double messages in response. Yech.

| Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarnold at buddydog.org)    |
| Engineering Manager       Roger Wagner Publishing |
| http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jdarnold            |