Request for a consultant

> From: Hsin-Yu Sidney Li <LIH at cliffy.polaroid.com>
> Hi,
>
> Our department (in Cambridge, MA) is looking to install a new server
> for our LAN, and are looking to hire a consultant for the job.  More
> specifically, we are looking to buy a new computer and use it as an
> email server, file server, and print server.

Sounds like fun.  I'd be interested in doing it pro bono, but am reluctant to
take on the ongoing support part.

You might try seeing if DCG Computers (603 421 1800) can help you - they supply
hardware with Linux installed (www.dcginc.com).

If possible, I suggest you check of Eudora would be acceptable for email - I've
heard that there've been lots of problems with MS Outlook.

We run a bunch of Win95 boxes here with a central Sun server that has Samba,
a POP server, Hylafax, and printers.   A good deal of the source code has
come off the Linux disks.

***
Subcription/unsubscription/info requests: send e-mail with subject of
"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" to discuss-request at blu.org