SCSI tape install

Please don't talk to me about Red Hat.  I just got the following message
back from them.  All very nice but it refers to a non-existent location on
the system fresh-installed from their 5.2 operating system disk.

On Mon, Jan 04, 1999 at 02:10:42PM -0500, support-daemon at redhat.com wrote:
> State the installation problem:  We cannot find the appropriate driver
> for a Seagate Scorpion-24 DAT drive (model# STD224000N-SB).
> The drive is the only device on a SCSI bus, and is recognized
> during startup.  The file /proc/scsi/scsi contains:
>
> Attached devices:
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 05 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: ARCHIVE  Model: Python 04106-XXX Rev: 7270
>   Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 02
>
> This is the DAT drive we are looking to use.  How do we access it?

        The device it's self should show up in /dev/sd0 and you
should be able to access it using the `mt` and `tar` commands.

   This is a configuration and administrative issue and doesnt
fall under the installation support we can provide.

You might also be able to find help in the Red Hat Linux users' mailing
list.
You can browse or search the redhat-list archives from our website:

***
Subcription/unsubscription/info requests: send e-mail with subject of
"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" to discuss-request at blu.org