Help for Linux on bare-bones 386

At 05:06 PM 1/4/99 -0500, John Abreau wrote:
>I did a side-by-side comarison a few years ago that illustrates the
>importance of memory. I had a 16-MHz 386 with 16MB or RAM, and a 33-MHz
>486 with 8MB of RAM. I installed identical Slackware systems on the two
>boxes, and the 386, at half the speed but with twice the RAM, ran circles
>around the 486. When I upgraded the 486 to 16MB, of course, the 486 then
>ran much faster than the 386. I found 8MB to be unuseable when running X.

Ah, Yes John, and do you remember the night (out at the old BCS) that you
and Phil installed RedHat 2.1 on my old 386/SX25 with 5 Meg of Ramm, and
the 107MB IDE hard drive.  It will work (Install) but does take patience!

						Take care,
						    Barry...

	e-mail:  jbr at star.net

***
Subcription/unsubscription/info requests: send e-mail with subject of
"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" to discuss-request at blu.org