remember me?

Thanks!

John Malloy
jdm at world.com
Cambridge, MA USA

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-discuss at BLU.ORG [mailto:owner-discuss at BLU.ORG]On Behalf Of
Chuck Young
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 1998 8:26 PM
To: discuss at BLU.ORG
Subject: SCSI adapters and the ISA bus

Hello,

With all this talk of scanners and SCSI cards, I was wondering...

Will an Adaptec 1542 16-bit ISA SCSI card provide decent performance over
an on-board/PCI EIDE system? I thought the ISA bus was pretty slow.
I realize the question is vague and there are advancements made every day
in chipsets.  For discussion, lets assume an average P-166 and comparable
disks running under linux 2.0.36.

Generally, is an ISA SCSI adapter any faster than the on-board EIDE I/O?

Anyone?

Chuck Young
GTE Internetworking

***
Subcription/unsubscription/info requests: send e-mail with subject of
"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" to discuss-request at blu.org

***
Subcription/unsubscription/info requests: send e-mail with subject of
"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" to discuss-request at blu.org