BLU.ORG - 11/18/98 - Security, Hackers, and Information Warfare

Subject: LOCAL: Boston, MA - BLU.ORG - Wed. - 11/18/98
keywords: Linux  Unix  Security  Hackers  InfoWarfare  BLU.ORG

This month Steven Turcich speaks about Security, Hackers, and
Information Warfare.

Presented by: Steven Turcich (steve at irishred.com)
Date: 18 November 1998, Wednesday
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: M.I.T. Building 3-133

Steven is president of Ghostcom,. Inc. an information security and
information warfare consulting company. Steven Turcich has been
involved in information security consulting for nearly six years, he
specializes in a field of information security known as information
warfare. Steven has consulted for many of the largest banks in the
world and a respectable percentage of the fortune thousand
companies. His expertise has allowed him to consult for some of the
largest of companies on four continents.

The Boston Linux & Unix Group [BLU.ORG], is the successor to the Boston
Computer Society's Linux & Unix User Group. We want to promote the
awareness and use of Open Systems, and to educate the public and our
members about Open Systems.

Linux is a UNIX-like operating system built around POSIX standards.
>From its inception less than six years ago, it was developed over the
Internet by a group of people who (for the most part) have never seen
each other, and now runs on an (estimated) 1,000,000 computer systems.
The operating system (and the source code for it) is free to anyone
who wants it. It has been ported to at least the following platforms:
Intel, SPARC, Alpha, MIPS, PPC, and M68K. This is probably the largest
development project ever accomplished using the Internet.

     For the latest information on this talk, please see the URL:

Guy W. Bzibziak		- Boston Linux & Unix 		- BLU.ORG
<guybz at world.std.com>  	  Astor Station		  http://www.blu.org
KB1CRY		  	  P. O. Box 230040
		  	  Boston, MA 02123-0040