Any input to modem problem?

hi guys,

I'm having a problem installing a Zoom 56K internal modem.
Have already contacted Zoom's support which up until now
have been less than helpful.  I wanted to see if anyone
might have any suggestions or what you think of it.
(I've jumpered the new modem for the COM port/IRQ of the old modem,
 and even went as far as removed unnecessary cards,
 trying other COM ports and card slots, slowing the speed
 of the port to 38400 and 9600 (setserial).    Here's the kicker,
 the card works under NT on another machine.)

It looks like the modem is yanking the IRQ line (continuously)
when it shouldn't.
Here's the /proc/interrupts data after running kermit
On my old modem no interrupts are serviced until after I
connect to the modem (which is normal).

Has anyone with more experience any comments or suggestions.

-Kuan

--
-==-
Kuan