Linux installation: IRQs and IORs and such

On 24 Jun 98, at 21:19, John Chambers <jc at eddie.mit.edu> wrote:

> Another possibility, of course, is that W95 has a way  to  produce  a
> summary  table.   But I haven't stumbled across a clue that they ever
> thought of such a thing, and their philosophy does seem to be one  of lots
> of little individual config windows.
There are several ways you can get IRQ from Windoz.
One way, boot into DOS and run MSD. This will give you most if not all of the
IRQs.

Another is to go into the Windows control panel system ICON. The resources
panel gives you not only the IRQ, but also the memory ranges used by the
device. This is more accurate than MSD.

Remember that Plug and Pray causes IRQs to be dynamically assigned.

Gerald Feldman <gaf at mediaone.net>
Boston Computer Solutions and Consulting
ICQ#156300