mediaone: my own domain name?

On 19 Jun 98, at 23:56, David Kramer <Dskramer at concentric.net> wrote:

> Will MediaOne let me set up my own domain name?
> Do they charge extra?
>
> If I do this, can I host several email addresses under that domain name?
> i.e., if I get kramer.com, can I get emails to david at kramer.com and
> veronica at kramer.com if I set up a mail server on my linux box?
>
> Can I set up one linux box with firewall, mail server, ftpd, and httpd?
> Can it be done and still be somewhat secure?
Mediaone does not set up your own domain name. They have said that they will
offer that sometime in the future. You can set up a linux box with a firewall, mail
server, ftpd, and httpd. Lar3ry Gensch has done most if not all of that. I don't have
Larry's address handy. You might call customer support and ask about domain
names. Don't talk to them about networks.

Gerald Feldman <gaf at mediaone.net>
Boston Computer Solutions and Consulting
ICQ#156300