One IP for multiple machines

At 1:33 PM -0400 10/19/97, Rich Braun wrote:
>I'm looking for suggestions on using my Linux box as a LAN network address
>translator for one of those cable-modem services.

Check out a technique known as IP Masquerade

	http://ipmasq.home.ml.org/

It's free, and the latest version even supports ping and traceroute
packets.  I connected an IP Masquerade'd Linux box (386/sx20!) to the
Internet via PPP, with another Linux box for development and a PowerMac
sitting behind the resultant firewall.  All three machines had full access
to the Net.  From the outside, all Internet traffic looked like it came
from the 386sx!  It worked great.

-- Bosco So
   bso at acm.org