Reporting from PC expo, in NY

| On Fri, 27 Jun 1997, Aamir Awan wrote:
|
| --Boy was it scarry, I think Bill Gates wants to install
| --MICROSOFT WINDOWS on GOD's suppercomputer. That was the
| --gist of it.  Windows in VCR, Windows in your car, Windows, Windows
| --everywhere.
|
| 	Good.  The thinner they're spread, the harder they fall.

Don't bet on it.  What'll probably happen in a few more years is:   No
matter where you drive, Bill Gates will be able to find out just where
you are, and where you've been, any timee he's  interested.   This  in
itself  wouldn't be a big deal, but consider that if the local cops or
the FBI want at the info, all they'll need to do is pay a small fee to
Bill. He has a good racket going now, what with the right to collect a
royalty on every PC clone that is  delivered,  even  if  the  customer
promptly  erases  the  DOS partition and overwrites it with linux.  We
probably won't be able (practically or legally) to replace the  OS  in
our  cars;  they  will  come  with  proprietary software that we can't
touch.  Just think of the potential income from owning all the  access
rights to the travel history of all of us.