(fwd):Reminder....GNHLUG meeting today (Wednesday)

The next meeting of the Greater New Hampshire Linux User's Group
(GNHLUG)
will be on Wednesday, June 25th at Illuminata, in Nashua, NH at 1900
hours
(7 P.M.)

The speaker will be our own Robert Anderson, who will be speaking on
RPM,
the packaging system developed by Red Hat Software, and now used by
several
of the Linux distributions, including Apple's MkLinux.  The importance
of
a package management system can only be appreciated after you remove a
few
obscure files and then find out that half of your software stops
working
because those obscure files were used by lots of less obscure ones!!!!

Rob will be showing us how to use RPM, and even how to create our own
RPM
packages.

As always, there will be a post-meeting downstairs at Martha's Exchange
BrewPub for those who wish to attend.

The directions to Illuminata are below.  Please put this on your
calendars.

md
=====
===========================Directions to Illuminata=====================
======
http://www.illuminata.com/directions.html

Illuminata's headquarters are located in Nashua, New Hampshire.

We occupy the third floor of the Market Exchange Building at 187 Main
Street.
This building is better known as the home of Martha's Exchange, a
popular
restaurant and micro-brewery. (For some reason, our clients visit our
offices
far more often and far more enthusiastically since we co-located with
Martha's.
Hmmm...)

Coming From The South (Massachusetts)

Take US Route 3, which is accessible from both the Route 128 and the
I-495
beltways, north into New Hamphshire. Take Exit 5 and go East until you
hit
Main Street. Take a left; go several blocks. Look for Martha's
Exchange, a
large restaurant in a red-brick building on your left. You can
generally park
on the street.

Coming From The North (Concord, NH)

Take I-93 South. When I-93 and the Everett Turnpike go separate ways,
follow
the Turnpike. You will soon come into Manchester. Follow the directions
below
for Manchester.

Coming From The North (Manchester, NH)

Whether you're coming from the Manchester Airport, from Route 101, or
from
Concord down I-93, the trick is to take I-293 to the the Everett
Turnpike,
then head South. Getting to I-293 is easy from Route 101, because they
are largely colinear in Manchester. From the Airport, take a Right at
the exit.
Travel until you hit I-293, which you will take West, to the Left. Once
you
are approaching Nashua, look for Exit 7 / Route 101A, which you will
take
East. In a few minutes you will end up in downtown Nashua, where you
will enter
an interection at an angle (you're on Amherst Street, about to turn
onto Main).
At that intersection take a Right, which puts you on Main Street. Look
for
Martha's Exchange in a red-brick building on your right.

Go to the third floor.

=====
Jon "maddog" Hall                     Internet: maddog at zk3.dec.com
Senior Leader, UNIX Software Group    Executive Director, Linux
International

Digital Equipment Corporation         Linux International
Mailstop ZK03-2/U15                   80 Amherst St.
110 Spit Brook Rd.                    Amherst, N.H. 03031-3032 U.S.A.
Nashua, N.H. 03062-2698 U.S.A.
WWW: http://www.unix.digital.com      WWW: http://www.li.org
Voice: +1.603.881.1341                Voice: +1.603.672.4557
FAX: +1.603.881.6424