O'Reilly User Group Program

June 24, 1997

Dear User Group Representative,

O'Reilly & Associates publishes well-regarded technical books and Win
32 software for the Internet.  We originally made our mark with books
on UNIX and the Internet-we're now publishing books for Linux, Windows
95 programmers, Windows users, and Windows NT programmers and
administrators. For 12 years, we've worked with user groups like yours,
providing book/software discounts, free merchandise, and occasional
guest speakers for meetings. Now we're expanding our User Group program
to include the following offers to your members:

-20% discount on all O'Reilly books and software when your members
order directly from us (800-998-9938) and mention code DSUG when
placing their orders
-review copies for newsletter and online reviews
-limited number of books, software, T-shirts, and tote bags to use as
give-aways
-catalogs to give to your members on a regular basis
-special discounts and promotions

Request a review copy of Linux in a Nutshell to review in your newsletter

Linux in a Nutshell is a must for any Linux user; it weighs less than a
stack of manual pages, but gives you everything you need for common,
day-to-day use. It also covers a wide range of GNU tools for UNIX users
who have GNU versions of standard UNIX tools.

We're also pleased to announce the first-ever Perl Conference this
August 19-21 in San Jose, CA. If you would like brochures for the Perl
conference, please send me your mailing address.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to call me at our
toll-free number 1-800-998-9938 ext. 339 or email me at cms at ora.com.

Regards,

Christina Silveira
Associate Publicist

P.S. Remember to use code DSUG when ordering books from us. O'Reilly's
toll-free number is 800-998-9938 to receive the 20% discount.