Diamond Stealth 2500

Charles Young write:

> Sidney Li wrote:
>
> There are still some strange short
> horizontal lines segments that show up on the screen, but it is a big
> improvement over having the machine freeze up completely.
>
> If there are exactly 2 lines (very fine), each about 2" from the top
> and bottom, it is characteristic of the Sony screen's dot screen
> that attaches to the inside of the picture tube.  I see it on my 17"
> Trinitron monitor at home and see the exact same thing on high-end
> Sun workstation monitors at work.  That's the way it is.  Are there
> exactly 2? Is your monitor a Sony?

I wish I had a 17" inch monitor!

Someone once told me that the fine lines are for discharging static
from the screen.  But the lines I see on my monitor (a 15" monitor
from a company called Techmedia) are not of that kind.  There are more
than two, and do not appear at any fixed location on the screen.  They
disappear if one moves a window over them.  When I ran "ico -faces", a
whole bunch of them appeared at the right of the ico window,
approximately 0.5" to 1" long (not all of the same length, and the
spacing was not regular).

Sidney Li
lih at polaroid.com