2nd hard drive for Linux

>It is easy to fix if a Microsoft operating system is installed after Boot
>Manager.  All Microsoft operating systems will strip the "active" flag (what
>OS/2 terms the "startable" flag) from the Boot Manager partition and grab the
>flag for themselves.  To fix this, just run FDISK and move the "active" (or
>"startable") flag back to the Boot Manager partition.  Once you can boot OS/2
>again, run OS/2 FDISK to add the new operating system to the Boot Manager menu.

I ran into some other nastiness involving NT and my drive letters getting
re-mapped when I made the boot manager partition the active one,
but this is not related to Linux so I won't go into it...:-)
Suffice it to say, I think, if you have the choice, put NT on your
machine first and then go from there...it just avoids headaches.

--tom