web page

Suggestion.  Let's make Mark's sandbox area be the Installfest area.  Then
he can hack away on his timeframe.  I'll handle helping him telnet and ftp
and test if he doesn't know how to do that yet.

>From: msoule at ix.netcom.com
>Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 17:35:08 -0600 (CST)
>To: volunteers at tarnhelm.blu.org
>To: rodney at sabletech.com
>To: richard at aoi.ultranet.com
>To: jabr at necx.com
>To: gaf at zk3.dec.com
>Subject: web page
>

>	John while your putting up Dericks Stuff please post the following under
Install Fest.  I need this ASAP because I'm out there telling people to
look it up on BLU's page...
>							mark j. soule

>APRIL 19TH
> Boston Linux & Unix Group Install Fest
>     BLU invites you to become a member of the Boston area Linux
>community this month. Meet  the Linux community and discover the operating
system of the future.
>     Linux is a UNIX-like operating system built around POSIX
>standards. From its inception less than six years ago, it was
>developed over the Internet by a group of people who
>(for the most part) have never seen each other, and now runs on
>an (estimated) 1,000,000 computer systems. The operating system
>(and the source code for it) is free to anyone who
>wants it. It has been ported to at least the following platforms:
>Intel, SPARC, Alpha, MIPS, PPC, and M68K. This is probably the
>largest development project ever accomplished using the Internet.
>
>                      Linux "Installfest"
>             Location: Howard Johnsons in Cambridge
>        Date: April 19th,  Time: 8:30 AM till 5:30 PM
>
>	ROOM 1:	LINUX INSTALL FEST
>		TIME:8:30AM - 12:30 PM
>			Bring your computer, let the Linux experts answer and 				solve your
Linux installation questions.

>	ROOM 2:	LINUX BASICS
>		TIME: 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM
>			Once Linux is installed the experts will instruct you in
>		the Linux and X window basics. Included are printer and modem 		device
configurations.

>	ROOM 3:	NETWORKING WITH LINUX
>		TIME:	8:30 AM - 12:30 PM, 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM
>			This is a hands on lab where you'll be setting up 			and configuring a
Linux/Unix network.  Come prepared for a full 		day.