calling for agenda items... [rev 1]

I have some questions about signet.org.

On January 24 I wrote a note describing my impressions of the "Schmooze"
(actually, I thought it rather a pleasant and informative evening), and my
unanswered questions about the governance of the organization.

My questions about the relationships between the board of directors and
the board of management are still unanswered.

We know that the constituent groups each appoint one member to the board
of management.  There can also be other members.  Who appoints them?
The board of management?  The board of directors? Anyone else?  What are the
numbers of each type of member?

Who gets to vote for the members of the board of directors?  Can there be
directors appointed other than by regular votes, and how? e.g. if the
directors were elected by the individual members, could other directors be
elected by the constituent groups, or by the board of management, or co-opted
by the BOD itself.  Note: if I guessed/recollected wrongly about who elects
the BOD, "No" is still not an adequate answer to this whole question.

Were the people we met at Cybersmith's the BOD or the board of management?
Both?  Are their terms of fixed duration (BOD and Board of Management)? If
so, how long?  Also, if there is more than one term, how many (current and
future) members will serve for which terms?  If the terms are not fixed, what
is proposed that will happen?

Legally who is reponsible for the actions of the group?  Presumably the BOD.
So what does it mean to say that the organization is run by the Board of
Management?  If there's any conflict, presumably the BOD would have to
prevail.  The question "what does it mean to say that the organization is run
by the Board of Management?" was not intended to be rhetorical.

If not all the answeres are available yet, those that are will be very
helpful.

I sort of agree that joining signet is probably the best thing to do, but I
personally will not support joining an organization whose governance is not
revealed to us.