BLU admin meeting notes

excuse me?  we met at my office.  I know other people thought that, as
Mark, Robert, and Gerry showed up.

At 11:53 PM 1/29/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Boston Linux & Unix
>Meeting Notes - Admin Meeting, Wed 29 Jan 1997
>

>We met at Our House East, 54 Gainesborough Street, Boston.
>In attendance:
>	John Abreau
>	Guy Bzibziak
>
>Meeting began at 8:00 p.m.
>

>= Telephone and P.O. Box =
>Guy will set up the post office box. Telephone and answering machine
>are tabled until nxt time.
>
>*** ACTION ITEM:
>	Guy will rent a post office box at Astor Station, a five-minute
>	walk from Checker Taxi. Estimated cost is $56 per year.
>

>= Financial Report =
>Guy reported on the state of our finances.
>* Bank balance: $190.00
>* Outstanding debts:
>	$100 to Sabletech for a RedHat 4.0 SPARC cdrom
>* Outstanding receipts: NONE
>

>= Capital Equipment =
>BLU owns the following equipment:
>* Web server
>	Operational; Pentium platform
>* LCD panel
>	dead; Blake to replace this
>* 16-port 10baseT hub
>	operational
>* 3 4GB hard drives
>	2 operational; on roogna and on sparc
>	1 dead; Blake to replace
>

>= Speakers and Topics =
>Haven't heard from Lar Kaufman recently
>Our schedule is wide open after February; we need to start filling out
>our schedule of speakers and topics.
>
>*** ACTION ITEM:
>	Jabr will start a discussion of what members would like to see
>	in our meetings
>

>= Incorporation =
>Last week we attended the SIGNET.ORG roll-out, in lieu of our regular
>admin meeting. We met at Cybersmith in Harvard Square. In attendance were
>Jabr, Guy, Jerry Feldman, Robert Luoma, and Richard Royston.
>
>Discussion of incorporation vs SIGNET.ORG affiliation tabled until next time.
>
>--------
>Meeting suspended at 8:45 p.m., to reconvene at Checker Taxi
>Meeting resumed at 10:00 p.m.
>--------
>
>= Publicity =
>	TABLED
>

>= Corporate Sponsorship =
>	TABLED
>

>= Meeting Locations =
>We haven't heard back from Ruth Levitsky at MIT yet with regards to our
>meeting location in the coming months.
>
>*** ACTION ITEM:
>	Jabr will try to telephone Ruth
>

>--------
>Adjourned at 10:30 p.m.

               Rodney Thayer <rodney at sabletech.com>       +1 617 332 7292
               Sable Technology Corp, 246 Walnut St., Newton MA 02160 USA
               Fax: +1 617 332 7970           http://www.shore.net/~sable
                           "Developers of communications software"