help! unpluged!

> msoule at ix.netcom.com (mark soule ) writes:
> >     JABR;
> >
> >     Thanks for helping me at the install fest, thinks to you I was
> > didling with xwindows saturday.  Unfortunately my wife stepped on the
> > power strip and pulled the plug out of the wall.  Now I have a disk
> > failure message when I boot.  When I use a DOS system recovery disk I'm
> > able to read and write only the A and B drives, C and D are failures.
> > So, What are the steps to recovering a system crash?
> >
> >                                         mark j. Soule
Mark,
It sounds like a problem with your CMOS. When you boot up, press delete to get into your CMOS setup. If your disk is not listed in the setup, you will need to reenter the information. For IDE, most systems can autodetect. Normally, pulling the plug does not affect CMOS, but if you had a flicker and a small surge, you can lose some info. Usually, you should be able to easily recover. It sounds like your porblem is here. Then you should be able to see the drives..
Jerry Feldman            Digital Unix Development Environment
Digital Equipment Corp.  (work)gaf at zk3.dec.com (home)gaf at highway1.com
110 Spitbrook Rd.        Mailstop: ZKO3-2/W17
Nashua, NH 03062-9987    (603)881-2970, DTN:381-2970