Red Hat 4.0 Install Problem

I need some assistance, and can not attend InstallFest this weekend.

Equipment:
AMD586-133 CPU, 16 Meg RAM, 428 Meg HDD, Adtapi compatible CD-Rom, 3.5 &
5.25 Floppy's, AVGA2 Video 256K, Serial Mouse, 14.4 Internal Modem, Ether16
LAN card (Linksys).  **Not on a network, that is for future expansion in
house**

Background:
Partitioned Hard Drive for a primary of 25Meg to use MS/Dos 6.22 on.  That
worked fine and booted from "C:" prompt with no problem.  Made Red-Hat 4.0
image disk with RAWRITE to "A:" drive with no problem.  Installed Red Hat
4.0 from CD, making two partition 385 Meg hda2 as type 83, and 18 Meg hda3
as type 82.  All went fine.

Rebooted system, and at LOADLIN I typed in "Linux" and Red Hat Linux
loaded.  I could login and go in and look around, decided not to setup
X-Win at this time.  Brainstorm hit me (Oops! problem #1, I should of known
better) so I said why not make this machine a complete Linux machine.  I
mean that only makes sense, seeing as though I want to learn Linux.

So I FDISK'ed and got rid of the two Linux hda2 & hda3, then deleted hda1
also, did a "P" and all was gone.  Then I loaded MS-Dos from a floppy and
did also an FDISK with DOS to ensure that everything was gone, which it
was.  Hey this is going to be easy.

Now Help:
I installed the IMAGE Red Hat disk and booted the system.  The Red Hat
install program came up.  I re partitioned the hard disk into hda1 (410
Meg, type 83) and hda2 into (18 Meg, type 82) just like before, and did a
"W" command.  Continued through the install and selected the programs I did
as before (almost all of them).  The install started fine, and said that
there was something like 194 Meg to install, no problem, I have the space.
The install gets through about 180-185 Meg then it decides to reboot the
computer.  Huh!

I go through the complete procedure and steps again.  Install gets to about
the same point, and guess what.  REBOOT.

So I saw what the heck, I'll do this one more time.  Get's to about the
same point and REBOOT.  HELP!!!

Ok!  I want to learn Linux, so I decide to try my 5-CD set of Slackware.  I
make the two IMAGE disks needed.  Do FDISK, then SETUP, and Configure.
Reboot the system, and Linux comes up.  Login to "ROOT" do some snooping
around (I love CLI) things look good.  I'm a novice at this Linux, so
anything might look right.  I type in PINE, TIN, VI they all seem to work
fine.  I even got DOOM game to come up.  I tried X-Win, but as I didn't
configure it, I knew it wouldn't make it.  No surprise when I got an error.
 So I said Ok, SLACKWARE works, but I want "RED HAT 4.0" as it was
recommended to me. (Oops! is the this going to be Problem #2)

So last night I said what the heck, I'm going to "TRY" and reinstall RED
HAT 4.0 on the machine.  Well I started from scratch, redid the FDISK,
etc...  It got to about the same 180-185 Meg installed part, and REBOOTED.

ANY IDEAS???

Thanks in advance.  I can be reached through this list, or at jbr at star.net.

                                  Have a nice day,
                                     Take care,
                                          Barry...

For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except
me.  I'm always getting in the way of something...