More sound card troubles...

John Twilley wrote in a message to Mike Bilow:

 JT> --begin AUTOEXEC.BAT--
 JT> @ECHO OFF
 JT> PROMPT $P$G
 JT> SET SOUND=A:\
 JT> SET BLASTER=A220 I7 D1 T4
 JT> SET GALAXY=A220 I7 D1 P530 K11 T6
 JT> VOLSET /V:14 /X:14 /F:14 /C:14 /L:14 /M:14 /R:L
 JT> HWSET /SBA:220 /SBDMA:1 /MSSA:530 /SBIRQ:7 /GPA:E /MSS:E
 JT> AZCAL
 JT> ECHO Type L to boot Linux
 JT> --end AUTOEXEC.BAT--

I've run into these cards before.  The Az-Tech Sound Galaxy series is very odd,
emulating Sound Blaster at some times and Microsoft Windows Sound System at
other times.  The Sound Blaster emulation is not expected to work in protected
mode, either.

As a practical matter, the card can be viewed as two separate cards.  The best
way to get it to work is to support it as a pure Microsoft Windows Sound System
on a completely separate address and IRQ (here port 530h and IRQ 11).  This may
require disabling Sound Blaster support.

-- Mike