[Q] emacs doesn't start

   From: "Bosco So" <bso at acm.org>

   Just finished installing RedHat 3.0.3 (Picasso) on a 386s/20.  When I tried
   to fire up emacs, I get thrown back to the prompt with this message:

	   emacs: can't handle reloc type ''

   Is there a quick fix for this?  I'd installed from the same CD-ROM onto a
   Pentium 75 and didn't encounter any problems.

It sounds like the kernel, binary compatibility module, or dynamic
loader didn't like the format of some piece of object code.  Check
really carefully that you're using exactly the same kernel, libraries,
iBCS, etc. on both systems.

Dale
--
Dale R. Worley					Ariadne Internet Services
Voice: +1 617-899-7949   Fax: +1 617-899-7946	E-mail: worley at ariadne.com
"Internet-based electronic commerce solutions to real business problems."