DEC Alphas for Firstnight Boston?

> I'm a volunteer helping the Virtually Wired foundation
> to do the entire website for Firstnight Boston.
>
> Dreamcom (www.dreamcom.com?) in Cohasset has agreed to host our
> site using DEC Alphas running Red Hat Linux.
>
> Last year's site was done by a commercial providor, and it
> crashed on firstnight.

Hmm, Dreamcom is a relatively new (commercial) provider--can they
handle this either?  I remember the First Night crash last year--was at
my office poking at various net sites, wondering whether to escape Back
Bay or to stick around, and wound up going to the movies instead. :-)

We have a customer who would be interested in this application.  His
company wrote software which automatically diverts traffic from one
server to another if any of them fails.  We can also get space on a server
down at MAE-East, if you really want robust guarantees that the site cannot
and will not go down.

-rich