BCS mailing list (was Notes from Wed...)

> This mailing list is still hosted on a BCS-owned computer on a
> BCS-supplied network link.  My company has offered to host the web
> site and DNS under the name www.blu.ci.net, but we still need a
> volunteer to take over this mailing list before it goes dark.  Anyone
> with a Linux box, a PPP/T1 or UUCP link, a commitment to daily
> updates and responsiveness, and a working knowledge of Majordomo or
> equivalent list server software can accomplish the task (yours truly
> is burned out on list management...)

I'm willing to host the list, and even a nice WWW/email-based archive
search/browse facility.  The only hitch is that I would greatly prefer
to do it as a digest only since it cuts down on my bandwidth usage (and
everyone's, for that matter).  My guess is that, given the relatively
low volume of this list, and the non-time-critical nature of it's
messages, this won't be a problem.  Assuming that I buy into a higher
bandwidth solution in the future, I won't have a problem with offering a
regular "bounce mode" at that time.

FYI, I currently host three other lists using a customized
SmartList/ProcMail setup:
http://www.worldmachine.com/maillist.html for info...

-Eric

--