Conection to ISP and other issues...

Hi,

	I just installed Linux to my computer and it's great, I think i'm gonna
stick with it for a while now! Although i used the UMSDOS installation
it's been great so far. Sorry for the questions guys, but i'm kinda of a
newbie to linux and don't know where else to go, Thanx in advance for
your answers!
	After sttrugling with configuring the Xserver thing, i'm gonna spend a
few more days trying to fix the internet connection, the sound and the
xwindows( i still can't run it in a res. better than 640x480, with a
virtual screen of 800x600, because i foundout that the only server that
is gonna take advantage of my Matrox Millenium is a commercial server...
>From Xinside, if someone out there has a better way out of this, please
let me know...).
How do i connect to my ISP?
I read the HOW-TOs and followed the instructions step by step, but
still, when i connect to the ISP computer and give my login and password
i try to launch the pppd, but it cuts the connection, and if i try it
alone, it does not dial...
About the sound, thats a hole new story, i'll try to fix it after i can
get my internet connection working. Another quick question...

Why doesn't linux recognize long filenames from Win95? and why after i
download a file using win95, i can't run it in linux(considering that i
already tryed to download netscape for linux, and it didn't work...)

Here's a description of my computer, if it helps...
Pentium 133 PCI bus
16 M RAM
1.2G HD
17" monitor
sound blaster, Matrox Millenium(2M WRAM, PCI)
28.8 modem from USR
and the CDROM ( strange thing is that the CD works perfectly)
SlackWare Linux Kernel 1.2.8

Thanx a lot,

Alec_X

"a great windows 95 system is not a good linux system..."

		http://hudson.idt.net/~alecs19