Networking

At 11:13 9/18/96 -0400, Rodney Thayer wrote:
>will Linux do IP over Appletalk?  That is (ug) what my kid's school is doing
>for Net Day.

Um, IP and AppleTalk both do the same thing, so unless there's some perverse
AppleTalk tunnelling mechanism for IP out there [I shiver to even suggest
such a thing], you are out of luck.

The Linux box can talk AppleTalk, so that's probably the easiest way to get
going. But you'd be better off getting them to use IP for their macs- the
kids will get a leg up on the internet that way.
--
John Saylor MIT I/S [via PPP]