Linux as intranet server

> I have been subscribed to this list for some time, but have only recently
> reinstalled Linux (Slakware) on my home network. A project I would like
> to work on is building an intranet server. I have searched many web sites
> for documentation, but there isn't really a good summary for setting one
> up. Would someone kindly point me to any existing docs on this subject,
> and if you have set one up (internet or intranet), a list of the pieces
> you chose to use. Thanks.
>
> Jim

This information can be strapped together with various Linux documentation
resources (check www.linux.org for starters), but also look for
"Linux Secrets" by Naba Barkakati, published by IDG Books, about 900 pages.
It's got a hokey cover with the book title and flames in the background, but9
it is a good book.  There's a chapter called "Setting up Linux as an Internet
Host" (about 30 pages), and alot of other useful info -- I usually reach for
this instead of Matt Welsh's "Running Linux".

BTW, it also came with a Slakware 3.0 CD (that I have used on occasion).

-Eric
--
Eric J. Hansen .............................. http://www.worldmachine.com/eric
Developer, Worldmachine Technologies ............ mailto:eric at worldmachine.com