Error mesg on boot, 1.2.13 kernel

try, if it makes sense for your linux configuration, unplugging/disabling
the second IDE drive and see if it still happens.

also I think on-track has a bad reputation (in general not just with linux...)

At 07:33 AM 8/17/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I sure hope someone here can help me out. I have had this problem from day
>one. I have an AST Advantage pro 486-DX66 with
>20M RAM
>WD 1GB IDE HD
>WD 340KB IDE HD
>
>On boot up using the Ygdrassill distribution of linux I will see this error
>message on the screen.
>
>IDE1:unexpected_intr:status=0x40
>IDE1:unexpected_intr:status=0x40
>IDE1:unexpected_intr:status=0x40
>
>This will repeat over and over with an occasional line of
>0x250.IDE1:unexpected_intr:status=0x40
>
>thrown in, with the 0x???.IDE1:unexpected_intr:status=0x40
>
>being a different number each time.
>

>Now in the beginning it would have happen for about 5-10 minutes and then
>boot into linux.
>
>But now I can not boot into linux at all. This error will continue on
>forever I think. I once let it run over night with not luck.
>
>My question is : What is the reference to unexpected_intr:0x40.
>
>I am using OnTrac's disk manager.
>
>I do have some bad sectors on the primary drive, could linux be getting
>hung up on these blocks. If so how do I get around this?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Paul

               Rodney Thayer <rodney at sabletech.com>       +1 617 332 7292
               Sable Technology Corp, 246 Walnut St., Newton MA 02160 USA
               Fax: +1 617 332 7970           http://www.shore.net/~sable
                           "Developers of communications software"