NT & Linux

Mike Bilow wrote:

>> Lots of people are doing this, even Windows NT people (I'm on a Windows
>> NT mailing list, and it's amazing how many of them talk about Linux). You
>> will not get any help from Microsoft, who seem to be actively hostile to
>> Unix in general and Linux in particular (gee, I can't imagine why!)
>
> RSM> Linux in particular?  How so?  Are there any signs that show
> RSM> they think it's a threat?  Are they even tracking it's
> RSM> development?  Thinking of ways to foil it?
>
>I suppose that Microsoft considers Unix to be the main competitor to NT, and a
>free Unix is hard to beat on price.  On the other hand, I doubt there is any
>real plan or plot by Microsoft, since simple arrogance would be an adequate
>explanation.

I continue to feel that using Win 95 is like inviting a very talented tiger to
live in your spare bedroom (scan your machine & send info to Redmond; overwrite adjacent partitions during install; ?other lurkers?...).

Until there are Linux equivalents to Word & Excel, Win 3.11 suits me
fine for the few tasks that Linux can't handle very nicely!

[Just a little flame to clear the pipes...]

Stan Zisk.