NT & Linux

For dual and multi-booting systems, I install a 3-4MB DOS partition.  Then
I install Windows NT.  Then I install VCommunications System Commander.
>From there, I can install anything I want; System Commander takes over the
MBR and protects it from other operating systems which want to alter the
MBR.  I then install Linux on the partitions I've set up for it, then load
LILO into the superblock of the root partition and make an emergency boot
floppy.

In lilo.conf I set the timeout to 0.  The only image is vmlinuz (since
System Commander will take care of the other operating systems).  Append
any parameters for your SCSI and whatnot and install lilo.

I had several partitions destroyed on multi-platform machines before I
shelled out $99 for System Commander, and I haven't lost anything since I
installed it (as long as I tell Norton Utilities 95 _not to fix_ the
"invalid" partitions on drive 2... :^)

I run Linux, OS/2, Windows 95, NT, DOS/Win3.11,and Solaris on one 486, and
SC keeps them away from each other nicely.  I'm not sure if there are other
products that do the same thing.  Of course, a job that uses fewer OS's
would solve all that....