BBS's...

Rodney Thayer <rodney at sabletech.com>writes:

>> here's an idea for an e-service that might be helpful at this time:
>>
>> I suggest we start a mailing list specifically intended for "what the bcs
>> should be doing for it's members".  this would be a place for people to
>> specifcally make suggestions, complaints, etc.  and a place for the b-o-d,
>> volunteers, the emergency holographic e-d of the day, others to respond.
>>
>> last time I checked the membership form it was ME paying THEM and not the
>> inverse, so this is really a humble "get customer feedback" exercise.
>>
>> such a list might turn into a flame-fest, but if you don't let the people
>> paying the bill bitch when they are upset you may not have them paying the
>> bill next time.  the membership state of mind, body count, volunteer count,
>> etc. imply this process is already happening.  lots of people already fired
>> Pam and the rest of them when they didn't renew their memberships last time,
>> remember.
>>
>> feel free to reply to this on-, or off-list
>>

>>                   Rodney Thayer           ::         rodney at sabletech.com

Sure, I can set up such a list; maybe call it "talk-back at bcs.org"?
Setting up a list is easy; making it a useful forum, with the "right"
people participating, is the hard part.

John Abreau / Director, BCS Linux & Unix User Group / jabr at bcs.org
The Boston Computer Society / 101 First Avenue / Waltham, MA 02154
Voice +1 617 290 5700 / Fax +1 617 290 5744 / http://www.bcs.org