Linux uudecode

Perhaps uudecode isn't on the system.  I've found that at least one vendor
doesn't package uuencode/uudecode as part of the UUCP package in their
commercial distribution of Linux.  Amazing but true.  It's on one of the
utility packages instead...

-lar
"They have been making hay somewhere under the slopes of the Andes, Starbuck,
and the mowers are sleeping among the new-mown hay. Sleeping? Aye, toil how
we may, we all sleep at last on the field. Sleep? Aye, and rust amid greenness;
as last year's scythes flung down, and left in the half-cut swaths..." - Ahab