printing on Novell Network

On Sat, 27 Apr 1996, Lar Kaufman wrote:

> > Novell supports this environment perfectly.  It has a
> > package called NFS (NetWare Networked File System) that
> > connects to UNIX file and printing perfectly.  You do need TCP/IP.
>
> Um.  Let's make it perfectly clear that NFS, the network file system,
> was developed at Sun and is not a Novell or Caldera product.  I'm glad
> for Caldera to support Netware, but it would be wrong to attribute
> NFS to them.

Lar is correct that NFS originated with Sun.  Novell offers a package
called NetWare NFS, which is an NFS implementation for NetWare servers;
it also includes LPR-compatible printing support.  NetWare NFS, however,
is optional at (substantial) extra cost, so it's not an appealing way to
bring just one or two Linux systems into a NetWare environment.
The Linux-based products I mentioned in my previous response are probably
a better bet for that use.