printing on Novell Network

Elizabeth Williams wrote in a message to Mike Bilow:

 EW> Forgive me for my ignorance.

This is not simple stuff.

 EW> My officemate has a Linux machine and would like to print to
 EW> the  printers on our LAN. Does anyone know how she could do
 EW> this?

What kind of a LAN is it?  If you have a TCP/IP LAN, Linux can probably use
your lpd as is.  If you have a NetBEUI LAN, such as you might with a Windows
for Workgroups or Windows 95 network, then you would have to at least support
TCPBEUI (NetBIOS encapsulated by TCP/IP) on the servers and use the Samba
utility on Linux.  If you have a NetWare IPX LAN, then the Caldera commercial
dsitribution of Linux (about $70 street price) comes with a NetWare client.

-- Mike