RX and TX Overruns

I do have lights on the modem; CD, RD, SD, TR, CS, AA, and ARQ/FAX.
So I can watch the lights. The RD and SD lights blink during data
transmission. The dip switches in the back are set to the factory
defaults. According to the USR booklette, these settings [sw1=off
and sw6=off] indicate hardware flow control.

Is it possible that netstat is broken? [I know, unlikely]

netstat -i is reporting almost a 1 to 1 ratio between RX-OK and
RX-OVR and a 1 to 1 ratio between TX-OK and TX-OVR. This seem too high.

-Chuck