Reno SCSI adapter

I have a MediaVision Reno CD-ROM drive that came with a DTC 3150 (8 bit ISA) SCSI adapter.  After disconnecting the Reno, I hooked up an extra external SCSI drive that I had lying around and with the latest drivers from DTC, I was able to initialize, partition, format, read, and write the drive.  This is in DOS and Windows 3.1 - I didn't try it in Win95.

I'm trying to setup Linux on this external SCSI, but have had no success so far.  The Red Hat installer sees both my IDE harddisks as well as my IDE/ATAPI CD-Rom, but the SCSI harddisk just doesn't show up.  I've been using the BOOT0027 image (Adaptec/BusLogic, 3c509, IDE/ATAPI).

Those of you who have experienced the DTC 3150 or possess suggestions of any sort, I fondly await your messages.  (I know, I know, I should get a REAL adapter card...)

-- Bosco So